[Bioclusters] (possibly off topic) - boston area talk on "big storage, small budget" March 26th

Chris Dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:09:02 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm not sure what the rules on this list are regarding advertising so
instead of forwarding the announcement straight to the list I figured
I'd just mention it myself.

There is a boston area storage/backup/services company that ocasionally
does free 1 day seminars. I went to their last one on SAN backup
architectures and was very impressed with the technical talk and high
signal-to-noise ratio.

Their next event is in Boston on March 26th and may be of interest to
local list members as it is basically about how to build & buy
multi-terabyte storage systems on the cheap. Topics covered will include
ethernet san's, IDE arrays (pros & cons), nearline storage with DVD and
tape jukeboxes and disk virtualization.

Anyone who is interested just drop me a line and I'll pass along the
event info.

-Chris
http://bioteam.net