[Bioclusters] fortran 9x compilers for linux clusters

Peter oledzki bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:55:34 +0000 (GMT)

Cheers for the help Joe.....

Haven't been in contact as I've been on vacation for
the last 3 weeks. I have inherited the code and have
to optimise it by teaking the source and various
parameters.

Do you know of any good books too?

Pete

 --- Joe Landman <landman@scalableinformatics.com>

http://www.scd.ucar.edu/tcg/consweb/Fortran90/F90Tutorial/tutorial.html

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/COURSES/cs201/NOTES/fortran.html
> and
> http://www.obliquity.com/computer/fortran/
>
>   Just be careful if you inherit someone else's
> code.  They can be
> difficult to comprehend even with comments.  If you
> are starting a new
> project, carefully review whether fortran is the
> most appropriate
> language.  Not trying to start a language war here,
> just save some
> headache.
>
>   I found that the combination of Perl on the front
> end (option/file
> parsing), and fortran on the backend works quite
> well.  Sometimes you
> dont have that option, but it is nice if it is
> available.
>
> Joe

=====
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman">Peter Oledzki</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman">Bioinformatics Research Student</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman">Department&nbsp;of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman">University of Leeds,UK</FONT></P>