[Bioclusters] Itanium 2

Marcel Turcotte bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
18 Sep 2002 13:35:28 -0400

Hi all,

I about to buy some equipment, which include a bunch of Sun Blade
100/150 workstations (15).  I was wondering if some of you had any
experience with Itanium 2 based workstations.  I am concerned with the
usability of Linux64 as a workstation (availability of software) and the
integration with the rest of the equipment, which includes a Sun V880
as well as an HP rx5670.  The machines will be be integrated into a
single cluster, probably using GridEngine.

Your feed back will be greatly appreciated,
marcel turcotte, assistant professor, school of information technology
and engineering, university  of ottawa, 800 king edward,  p.o. box 450
station a, ottawa, ontario, k1n 6n5, canada, tel: (613) 562-5800 x6660
fax: (613) 562-5664,  site 5003,  http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~turcotte