[Bioclusters] High Availability Clustering

Michael Humphrey bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:49:34 -0400

Lai Loong Fong,

I assume you are using the term "shadow master" to refer to the ability to
have the PBS Pro server and scheduler modules automatically migrate to a new
hardware platform when the original master head node experiences a failure.

Currently PBS Pro server and scheduler modules can fail over when set-up on
failsafe hardware. This current implementation requires special hardware and
operating system support from hardware manufacturers.

This new software failover capability is currently in beta testing within
PBS Pro and we are planning to make this new functionality available in
Version 5.4 of PBS Pro to be announced in November of this year. This new
functionality will not require special hardware environments.

Mike