[Bioclusters] no load distrib when running IPRscan on MOSIX

philip bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:54:29 -0400

Hi, I am trying to install interpro on a MOSIX cluster.
On the UNIX QUEUING question on the CONFIG.pl script I am not sure what
to put. If I were running a process on the machine I would normally enter:

nice -5 mosrun -l my_job, or somthing similar.

So I have entered "mosrun queue_name mosrun -l command_line". However,
it later asks me the queue name for the various scans, and I do not know
what queue name to give them. I have tried things like '5', but this
does not work.

When I run the scan the std.err file gives the following message:

exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [blprodom.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [coil.out] Error 1
exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [hmmpfam.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [fps.out] Error 1
exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [hmmsmart.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [hmmpir.out] Error 1
exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [scpr.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [prfs.out] Error 1
exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [seg.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [signalp.out] Error 1
exec: No such file or directory
exec: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [tigrfam.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [tmhmm.out] Error 1
gmake[1]: Target `raw' not remade because of errors.
gmake: *** [cnk_1/merged.raw] Error 2
gmake: Target `raw' not remade because of errors.

However, if I choose no to use the UNIX QUEUING system question, and enter
the same answers to all other questions it will run interpro fine. The
problem is it runs it all on the one node. (Obviously). If I enter:

mosrun gmake raw -j1 -k 2> ERROR 1> OUT or
mosrun gmake raw -k 2> ERROR 1> OUT

Leaving mosix to do the load distrib, it does not distribute the load as
it should, instead it leaves it all on one node.

Any ideas about what I am doing incorrectly?