[Bioclusters] download blast db with rsync in uncompressed format

Josh Goodman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:25:52 -0500 (EST)

The NCBI has a program called fmerge which lets you merge update files
into the blast databases instead of downloading the entire set each night.
However, it doesn't handle duplication so you will need to re-download the
complete set once a month or so to flush dups out.  Take a look at
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/README for more information.

Josh Goodman
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics
Indiana University