[Bioclusters] download blast db with rsync in uncompressed format

Fabien Steinmetz bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:18:31 +0100

Le Lundi 1 D=E9cembre 2003 18:25, Josh Goodman a =E9crit :
> The NCBI has a program called fmerge which lets you merge update files
> into the blast databases instead of downloading the entire set each night.
> However, it doesn't handle duplication so you will need to re-download the
> complete set once a month or so to flush dups out.  Take a look at
> ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/blast/db/README for more information.

I have already looked for this programme and never found it. I had asked th=
e=20
people at NCBI where it is, they said it is no more supported and that they=
=20
are still working on a new tool of this kind.

=46abien