[Bioclusters] new presentation online: "architecting, building & managing production bioclusters"

Troy Angrignon bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:51:48 -0800

--B_3127378140_256392

on 2/6/03 10:56 AM, Chris Dagdigian at dag@sonsorol.org wrote:

> Caution: may bore some of you to tears :)
>=20
> PDF is online at: http://bioteam.net/dag/Building-Bioclusters-Talk-2003.p=
df

Hey Chris,

My name is Troy Angrignon, and I=B9m a Macintosh consultant in Vancouver, BC,
Canada. I have been lurking on the BioClusters list since...well, the LAST
time you posted this slideshow!

I have been wanting to get in touch with you on several fronts so I thought
I=B9d put them down in short form here below:

* FIRST...THANKS: I=B9m a full-time Mac consultant (7 1/2 years running now)
and my firm specializes in Mac/Windows integration for creative clients. I
am interested in expanding the company into the bioinformatics area for
obvious reasons. Because of this, I have spent the past year and a bit
studying, absorbing, lurking, and trying to get a reasonably solid groundin=
in the tools, applications, and data issues in this field. I want to thank
you for your very public education efforts (your posts to the Bioclusters
list, these slides, etc.) as it has been fantastic material to learn from. =
also want to say that from having read all of the mailing list archives and
your materials, I understand and applaud your vendor-neutrality and platfor=
independence. In my own company, although it is primarily a Mac-based
consultancy, all of my clients are mixed platform and in fact we specialize
in platform integration. I have never been a reseller so I have always been
able to ensure that my clients purchase the correct tool for the job. It is
that independence and desire to choose the correct solution for each of you=
sites that has always struck such a chord with me. That and the fact that I
do a lot of writing to my client base to educate them on technology issues
as well so I appreciate your educational =B3giving back to the community=B2
focus.=20

* APPLE USA BIO-GROUP CONTACT INFO: I am interested in getting to know the
Apple USA bio group and I know that in a long ago post to the list, you sai=
=B3contact me if you want the info for the Apple bio people.=B2 I am already an
Apple Consultant Network member and have tried to access them via my local
people but honestly, I think they may be a bit overwhelmed with their own
workload and are pretty under-resourced at the best of times. There is no
official Canadian bio-group at all. I=B9m very interested in working with the
Apple Bio-group and would greatly appreciate it if you could put me in touc=
with them.

* MEETING YOU IN VANCOUVER IN APRIL? Despite what I said above, I do know
that the local group is trying to arrange for the Apple Bio roadshow that
has been happening across the States to possibly do something here as well.
I=B9m hoping that you will be coming here as a part of that. If so, it would
be great to meet you in person and show you around Vancouver if you have an=
time free. And that may be the opportunity for me to meet with the Apple
bio-group so it may take care of both things simultaneously.

* SLIDES IN POWERPOINT?: Also, I was wondering if you would be either
interested or able to send me a copy of your slides in Powerpoint so that I
can print them in reverse (black text on white background.) It=B9s a VERY
minor point. If the file is too big or whatever, please don=B9t worry about
it.

* 150 SLIDES IN 90 MINS: You=B9re almost catching up to Steven Burrill of
Burrill & Co (the VC guy behind all the bio funds.) He was here for a
biotech talk and did 230 slides in 45 minutes. It was a very high-bandwidth
core dump. It was awesome but my brain was definitely full by the time he
was finished. There were MANY glazed eyes in the room.

* PHONE CONSULTATION: I would also be interested in paying you for a phone
consultation to give me a brain dump of your thoughts on the trends and
developments in bio-clusters, etc. from a business perspective. I would
expect that you have your corporate hands full out east and with your trave=
schedule. There is a very large and active biotech community here and I
would like to be able to build a really useful company that can provide a
lot of value to these firms and your suggestions, input, and guidance would
be invaluable.

Thanks for taking the time to read this Chris and thanks again for all of
your educational contributions. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Troy Angrignon.

--
Troy Angrignon
Stream Consulting, Inc.

Phone: 604-878-1158
Email: troy@streamconsulting.com

Stream Consulting Inc. is a Macintosh networking firm specializing in
cross-platform system integration for the corporate, life sciences, and
creative communities. We are experts in integrating the Macintosh into
mixed-platform environments to deliver positive and measurable bottom-line
results. We are members of the Apple Consultants Network.

Subscribe to our free newsletter!
http://www.streamconsulting.com/toolkit/subscribe.asp

--B_3127378140_256392

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Bioclusters] new presentation online: &quot;architecting, build=
ing &amp; managing production bioclusters&quot;</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">on 2/6/03 10:56 AM, Chris Dagdigian at dag@sonsorol.or=
g wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Caution: may bore some of you to te=
ars :)<BR>
<BR>
PDF is online at: <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://bioteam.net/dag/Building-=
Bioclusters-Talk-2003.pdf<BR>
</U></FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Hey Chris,<BR>
<BR>
My name is Troy Angrignon, and I&#8217;m a Macintosh consultant in Vancouve=
r, BC, Canada. I have been lurking on the BioClusters list since...well, the=
 LAST time you posted this slideshow! <BR>
<BR>
I have been wanting to get in touch with you on several fronts so I thought=
 I&#8217;d put them down in short form here below:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">FIRST...THANKS: I&#8217;m a full-time M=
ac consultant (7 1/2 years running now) and my firm specializes in Mac/Windo=
ws integration for creative clients. I am interested in expanding the compan=
y into the bioinformatics area for obvious reasons. Because of this, I have =
spent the past year and a bit studying, absorbing, lurking, and trying to ge=
t a reasonably solid grounding in the tools, applications, and data issues i=
n this field. I want to thank you for your very public education efforts (yo=
ur posts to the Bioclusters list, these slides, etc.) as it has been fantast=
ic material to learn from. I also want to say that from having read all of t=
he mailing list archives and your materials, I understand and applaud your v=
endor-neutrality and platform independence. In my own company, although it i=
s primarily a Mac-based consultancy, all of my clients are mixed platform an=
d in fact we specialize in platform integration. I have never been a reselle=
r so I have always been able to ensure that my clients purchase the correct =
tool for the job. It is that independence and desire to choose the correct s=
olution for each of your sites that has always struck such a chord with me. =
That and the fact that I do a lot of writing to my client base to educate th=
em on technology issues as well so I appreciate your educational &#8220;givi=
ng back to the community&#8221; focus. <BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">APPLE USA BIO-GROUP CONTACT INFO: I am =
interested in getting to know the Apple USA bio group and I know that in a l=
ong ago post to the list, you said &#8220;contact me if you want the info fo=
r the Apple bio people.&#8221; I am already an Apple Consultant Network memb=
er and have tried to access them via my local people but honestly, I think t=
hey may be a bit overwhelmed with their own workload and are pretty under-re=
sourced at the best of times. There is no official Canadian bio-group at all=
. I&#8217;m very interested in working with the Apple Bio-group and would gr=
eatly appreciate it if you could put me in touch with them.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">MEETING YOU IN VANCOUVER IN APRIL? Desp=
ite what I said above, I do know that the local group is trying to arrange f=
or the Apple Bio roadshow that has been happening across the States to possi=
bly do something here as well. I&#8217;m hoping that you will be coming here=
 as a part of that. If so, it would be great to meet you in person and show =
you around Vancouver if you have any time free. And that may be the opportun=
ity for me to meet with the Apple bio-group so it may take care of both thin=
gs simultaneously.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">SLIDES IN POWERPOINT?: Also, I was wond=
ering if you would be either interested or able to send me a copy of your sl=
ides in Powerpoint so that I can print them in reverse (black text on white =
background.) It&#8217;s a VERY minor point. If the file is too big or whatev=
er, please don&#8217;t worry about it.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">150 SLIDES IN 90 MINS: You&#8217;re alm=
ost catching up to Steven Burrill of Burrill &amp; Co (the VC guy behind all=
 the bio funds.) He was here for a biotech talk and did 230 slides in <B>45<=
/B> minutes. It was a very high-bandwidth core dump. It was awesome but my b=
rain was definitely full by the time he was finished. There were MANY glazed=
 eyes in the room.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT><UL><LI><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">PHONE CONSULTATION: I would also be int=
erested in paying you for a phone consultation to give me a brain dump of yo=
ur thoughts on the trends and developments in bio-clusters, etc. from a busi=
ness perspective. I would expect that you have your corporate hands full out=
 east and with your travel schedule. There is a very large and active biotec=
h community here and I would like to be able to build a really useful compan=
y that can provide a lot of value to these firms and your suggestions, input=
, and guidance would be invaluable.<BR>
</FONT></UL><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Thanks for taking the time to read this Chris and thanks again for all of y=
our educational contributions. I look forward to speaking with you soon. <BR=

<BR>
Sincerely,<BR>
<BR>
Troy Angrignon.<BR>
<BR>
--<BR>
<H5>Troy Angrignon<BR>
Stream Consulting, Inc.<BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><BR>
<B>Phone</B>: 604-878-1158<BR>
<B>Email</B>: troy@streamconsulting.com<BR>
</FONT><H5><BR>
</H5><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Stream Consulting Inc. is a Macintosh networking firm s=
pecializing in cross-platform system integration for the corporate, life sci=
ences, and creative communities. We are experts in integrating the Macintosh=
 into mixed-platform environments to deliver positive and measurable bottom-=
line results. We are members of the Apple Consultants Network.<BR>
<BR>
Subscribe to our <B>free newsletter</B>! http://www.streamconsulting.com/to=
olkit/subscribe.asp<BR>
</FONT><BR>