[Bioclusters] Which gigabit card?

Chris Dagdigian bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:52:05 -0400

For copper gigE I've never had a problem with the Intel Pro-1000 series
of cards. They just work.

For gigE cards with optical connects I've had success with both Intel
Pro-1000 and SysKonnect.

You should pay careful attention to what your cluster hardware vendor
recommends (if they have an opinion) . They may have news or
recommendations to report that are specific to your brand of
motherboard, PCI slot etc.

-Chris