[Bioclusters] LSF vs SGE

Ron Chen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 21:58:54 -0700 (PDT)

No sure whether I am an idiot or you think everyone on
this list is an idiot?

Platform Computing has the web event, and there it
mentioned that the closest competitor can only support
1 cluster, while LSF 5 can support 100+. Does
something called Globus (and a few others) exist?

CPU: LSF 5 can support 200,000+, while the closest
competitor can support 300? Well, there are users
using over SGE with 1300 hosts, may be there are
machines without CPUs installed 8-)

There are many others, want me to post it here? Or on
other lists as well?

Chris, please define "evil".

 -Ron

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2001-October/001486.html

http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/bioclusters/2001-October/000035.html

> > Also, both PBS and SGE follow DRMAA, but Platform
> > pushes NPI -- the LSF API as the "standard".
> >

> Both DRMAA and NPI seem to be coming from the Global
> Grid Forum (GGF)
> these days. I know Platform is involved at some
> level with GGF.
>
> Anyone from Platform or GGF who can chime in on what
> the current
> situation is? What's up with NPI vs DRMAA?
>

> > Do you think we should support these kind of
> > companies?
> >
> >  -Ron
>
> Platform is not evil. Selling & supporting good
> software is not wrong.

=== message truncated ===