[Bioclusters] Fwd: LSF vs its "Closest Competitor" -- conclusion

Ron Chen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 20 May 2003 19:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, folks. I am sure everyone will be very mad (if not
already?) at me if I continue to forward e-mails from
other lists about this topic.

Let's end this discussion now.

Just one thing that I would like the Platform guys on
this list to do, please let upper management know
about this discussion thread, let them know what
people on  are talking about.

Selling good products is not evil, nor not
opensourcing the product. (e.g. DB2, Oracle, etc are
not opensource). The problem is that if their sales
team provide "misleading" information to new users.
This is not good to the whole batch system inductry,
as everyone knows that one size does not fit all.
Choice is good.

Note that if people keep seeing a company spreading
FUD, they would simply totally ignore the companies
products. (see Wendy's: "I've learned to take their
words with a grain of salt.")

 -Ron