blade servers (was Re: [Bioclusters] Any experiences with these guys? reeks)

Goran Ceric bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:12:41 -0600

IBM blades don't have individual serial ports. I updated BIOS and turned
off hyperthreading in our 84 blades in under an hour using console
redirection in management browser. Java applet works well for me even if
I do it from home. It takes about a minute or two to load, but once it
does, it runs fine. True serial connection would be nice, but its not
crucial in my case.