[Bioclusters] how are the Redhat product changes affecting existing and future plans?

Matt Temple bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:00:29 -0500

Philip,

The only "too bad" in this was that it's disruptive and annoying to
redeploy
on a variety of machines.   I'm lazy.   It forces me to make decisions
which will either a) cost me more money or 2) leave me in a situation
of trying to
make sure that commercial products that I run on linux will work on the
target
distro.   I don't have RH horror stories, nor do I know, in particular
of
horror stories from the other distros.   Fortunately, there's a rather
high
similarity, AFAICT, to the capabilities of the distributions.   I see
lots
of Debian around as well as RH.   We have little experience with SUSE.

									Matt