[Bioclusters] how are the Redhat product changes affecting existing and future plans?

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:18:16 -0500

Matt Temple wrote:

> Tim,
>
>     I took a look at the Fedora package list and it includes
> RPMs for up2date and RHNetwork!   OK, that's confusing to me!
> I'll try writing to one of the developers to see where they're
> going with that.   Are there SUSE users who can tell us how
> elegant their package updater is?   (rpm is very good iff you

Yast2 is quite good for dependency analysis.  Very powerful.  I am still
looking at other tools as well (apt-rpm, yum, etc), but there Yast2 does
the job quite nicely.

What I am going to be doing appears to be buying more vmware licenses to
test some of these things out before committing a machine to them.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,