[Bioclusters] how are the Redhat product changes affecting existing and future plans?

bioclusters@bioinformatics.org bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:19:51 +1100

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 04:06 am, Matt Temple wrote:
>    Are there SUSE users who can tell us how
> elegant their package updater is?

Yast and Yast Online Updater do package management very nicely.

Dependencies are checked when installing packages
 and if, say there are conflicting packages
 you get offered the choice of resolutions
 "don't install the new"
 "remove the old"
 "ignore the conflict and risk problems"

It's worked for me so far.

YOU the updater is so reliable
 that I no longer "manually select patches"
 just tell it to go look and do what it wants.
I'm even considering scheduling it to happen automatically.

michaelj

--
Michael James				michael.james@csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040