[Bioclusters] Local copy of NCBI

David Adelson bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:41:46 -0500

My understanding of .msk files is that they serve to mask out the est
sequences you don't want to search.  More explicitly, if you download
all the est sequences in the preformatted db and if you only want to
search est_others, this allows you to have a single est db but have
virtual dbs for est_others as described in the .nal and .msk files.  In
principle this sounds fine until you try and get it to work for
segmented dbs on a cluster.

dave