[Bioclusters] ncbi blast

Michael Gutteridge bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:18:47 -0700

Hi

Apologies if I'm duplicating anything, but I couldn't find the fix in
the list.  We've recently run into this problem with both 2.2.6 and
2.2.9 on Linux 2.4.20-20.8smp (i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux).  I ran
through the basic checks indicated (libraries found, etc), though I
haven't done memtest (this problem occurs on every host it's been run
on in our cluster).

I've also run against the single small sequence, with the same results.
  When I did an strace on the run, it seems to segv during an munmap
call reading from segment 1 of the nt database (which is distressingly
close to 1GB in size).

I don't know if others have seen this, but when I don't write to an
output file (i.e. output to stdout), I see this message (which is
actually on stderr, but doesn't seem to get written to error.log) in
the output:

[blastall] ERROR: abc123|my: ObjMgrDelete: deleting locked element
[blastall] ERROR: abc123|my: ObjMgrDelete: deleting locked element
[blastall] ERROR: abc123|my: ObjMgrDelete: deleting locked element
[blastall] ERROR: abc123|my: ObjMgrDelete: deleting locked element

Could this be significant?  Or is this part of normal operations?

Someone was contacting NCBI- did that turn up anything useful?

Thanks

Michael