[Bioclusters] re: how to run mpiblast

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:51:47 -0400

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 01:45, kenix y wrote:
> Regarding .ncbirc, where can I find it?
> As I can't seems to find it.

You will need to create one where you run mpiblast, and in your home
directory.

Here is an example:

[NCBI]
Data=../data
[BLAST]
BLASTDB=../db

edit the Data=../data line to point to the weight matrices.  Glen, if
you are listening, are these already in biobrew?

Then edit the BLASTDB=../db line to point to the database (ecoli.nt in
your case).

You will need a copy of this in you home directory and in the directory
you run the mpiblast code.

Joe

ps:  signing off for the night, will answer as I can in the morning.