[Bioclusters] OSX grid engine install problem

Philip MacMenamin bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:42:50 -0500

On Thursday 04 March 2004 01:41 pm, you wrote:
> {Not enough info...}
> What version of SGE?

>Did you build from source or download it?
download (from http://gridengine.sunsource.net/download/SGE53/)

Did you
> download all the various SGE packages including -common, -doc and the
> darwin architecture specific tarballs?

> When you run the following command, what do you see:
> $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/darwin/gethostname
G5:/gridware/sge sgeadmin$ $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/darwin/geth
gethostbyname() failed: Invalid argument

[BUT, if you look at the file inst_sge, its looking for /bin/sh.. so the
environment var $SGE_ROOT is not going to exist there...only in my bourne
again shell.]
> On the apple side, what OS are you using
and do you have the Developer
> Tools installed?
> -Chris
Thanks a million Chris...