[Bioclusters] OSX grid engine install problem

Rayson Ho bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:30:49 -0800 (PST)

--- Philip MacMenamin <pm66@nyu.edu> wrote:
> > $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/darwin/gethostname
> G5:/gridware/sge sgeadmin$ $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/darwin/geth
> gethostbyname() failed: Invalid argument

Looks like something wrong with your network settings...

I just downloaded the package from the SGE project homepage and it
worked just fine.

Can you run:
% nslookup <hostname>

% hostname

> [BUT, if you look at the file inst_sge, its looking for /bin/sh.. so
> the
> environment var $SGE_ROOT is not going to exist there...only in my
> bourne
> again shell.]

Chris didn't know your install directory, that's why he referred to the
relative path $SGE_ROOT.

Rayson