[Bioclusters] Any issues porting applications to OS X?

James Cuff bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:04:45 -0500

On Mar 5, 2004, at 11:51 AM, Elia Stupka wrote:

>> As I said, I guess this depends on scale.  I'm part of a team of four
>> that run a cluster of over 1200 machines.   They're physically
>> located in a building 500 metres from my office - I really need to be
>> able to do almost anything to them remotely, short of having to
>> physically remove them to change parts, and without having to use a
>> mouse.
>
> Hey Tim, talking about remote management, do you still have
> management-via-PDA-linux-terminal, or was that a only James thing? ;)

:-)  Ah those were the days, using the Psion7, ssh, 802.11 and a window
to reach all the consoles on the farm, while drinking coffee in the
DiNA.

True 'technobliss'.

p.s. On the current CPU DSW, did some one mention IA64?  oops.  I think
that was me...  Ahem. :-)

J.

--
James Cuff, D. Phil.
Informatics Systems Architect
#2106, MIT CGR, 320 Charles Street, Cambridge, MA 02141-2023
Tel: 617-252-1925  Fax: 617-258-0903