[Bioclusters] Any issues porting applications to OS X?

Tim Cutts bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:13:46 +0000

On 5 Mar 2004, at 16:51, Elia Stupka wrote:

>> As I said, I guess this depends on scale.  I'm part of a team of four
>> that run a cluster of over 1200 machines.   They're physically
>> located in a building 500 metres from my office - I really need to be
>> able to do almost anything to them remotely, short of having to
>> physically remove them to change parts, and without having to use a
>> mouse.
>
> Hey Tim, talking about remote management, do you still have
> management-via-PDA-linux-terminal, or was that a only James thing? ;)

That wasn't James, it was Guy, using his Sharp Zaurus.  Yes, he still
uses it.  Very cool little device.  Me, I use my PowerBook (so my
stance in this thread is certainly not unthinking anti-Mac bias)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group