[Bioclusters] parallel mrbayes not using processors

martin bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:00:26 +0100

I'm attempting to run parallel mrbayes under the lam implementation of
MPI.  I've initialised LAM using the 'lamboot' command and everything
looks to be OK.  Running 'lamnodes' gives the following output:

n0      galaxy:2
n1      leo1:1

which I take to mean that there are three processors available.
However, starting mb (compiled with the necessary parallel options)
gives the output:

				MrBayes v3.0B4
                      (Bayesian Analysis of Phylogeny)
                         (1 processors available)

and when I run an analysis it's clear that the program is only using one
processor.  Does anyone have any pointers on how to get mrbayes to use
the additional processors?

Thanks in advance,

Martin Jones
Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group