[Bioclusters] job queueing systems for ibm blade center

Joe Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:22:28 -0400

Rayson Ho wrote:

>AFAIK, they didn't release the source... the license was modified a few
>years ago to add the opensource terms, but they keep on saying that
>they can't release the source because the source won't build outside of
>their environment! (WTF?)

I stand corrected.  I just checked the download sites.  I had thought
there was source on there a number of years ago (5.x time frame).  I see
lots of built binaries (somewhat up to date), but no source.

>Also, Condor sends the cluster information back to the University of
>I personally don't like the idea of having someone spying on my

Ganglia monitor allows you to configure this, and all gridded machines
(in the Globus sense) do something similar when they join a
computational or data grid.  I think it would be incorrect to call it
spying.  Monitoring may be more accurate and more appropriate.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: landman@scalableinformatics.com
phone: +1 734 612 4615