[Bioclusters] Problem starting sge_schedd in Startupitems in OS X

Randy Zauhar r.zauhar at usip.edu
Sat Apr 23 16:16:29 EDT 2005

I found a brief thread about this, with no resolution, in the archives.

I have tried to start both sge_qmaster and sge_schedd using a
startupitem in /Library/Startupitems. If I run the item manually

SystemStarter start GridEngine

all is cool, but if I do a reboot, only sge_qmaster starts. Even worse,
there are no messages logged for sge_schedd - it's like no attempt was
made to run the daemon. I have experimented further, making a separate
startup item for sge_schedd and making it dependent on sge_qmaster, but
with the same result. I just get a message in the system log indicating
that the script failed to run.

I really hate situations like this. Anybody have any idea what's going
on? In particular, if Wei Liu is listening: Did you ever get this
problem resolved?

Thanks!

Randy

Randy J. Zauhar, PhD
Assoc. Prof. of Biochemistry
Director, Graduate Program in Bioinformatics
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
Dept. of Chemistry & Biochemistry
600 S. 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Phone:	(215)596-8691