[Bioclusters] re: software skills course

Brian Cole COLEB2 at wyeth.com
Wed Aug 10 12:37:21 EDT 2005

I'm a contractor in pharmaceutical research for computational chemists. Much of my job involves improving code written by scientists. As a result I also end up teaching them a lot along the way. I use mostly python to do my work and others in the group have expressed interest in becoming more proficient at python. I would be greatly interesting in reviewing anything you develop, please keep me informed.

Thanks,
Brian

>>> gvwilson at cs.utoronto.ca 8/10/2005 7:58:27 AM >>>
Hi,

I'm working with support from the Python Software Foundation to develop
an open source course on basic software development skills for people
with backgrounds in science and engineering.  I have a beta version of
the course notes ready for review, and would like to pull in people
in sci&eng to look it over and give me feedback.  If you know anyone
who fits this bill (particularly people who might be interested in
following along with a trial run of the course this fall), I'd be
grateful for pointers.

Thanks,
Greg Wilson

Bioclusters maillist  -  Bioclusters at bioinformatics.org