[Bioclusters] re: software skills course

Dan Swan bioinformatics.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 04:44:16 EDT 2005

On 8/10/05, Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Greg + list people,
>
> As part of a bioinformatics group in Oxford, UK, I was involved in
> putting on a similar (2 day) course in Perl.  The notes and exercises
> are on the web:
>
> http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/envgen/training/archives/000445.html

Hi Greg (&Tim ;)),

As a former member of that group I can say teaching and putting
together the Perl course was an interesting and enjoyable experience.
Part of my remit at Newcastle is teaching and I have thought about
running the Perl course here as well at some point.

I'd be very happy to help look over the Python course materials as a
Python newbie, but with some language teaching experience.

regards,

Dan

--
Dr Daniel Swan - Head, Bioinformatics Support Unit
924 Claremont Tower, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NE1 7RU
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/bioinformatics/support || d.c.swan at ncl.ac.uk