[Bioclusters] Need some help with MrBayes and mpi

Zack Hyde zackhyde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 19:11:26 EDT 2005

I experienced the same problem as described here. I solved the problem
by removing the "log" command from the bayes block of my nexus files.
I don't think mpich likes the command. Just in case it helps anyone.

Zack

zhyde at pdx.edu

Shaila Parashar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am not sure whether this is the right mailing list to address this
> issue. Actually, I am a unix sytem admin, who has been requested to
> install MrBayes on our cluster.
> We have 4 SUN machines running Solaris 9.  We have mpich-1.2.6 running
> and is being used extensively. We are not using passwordless ssh , but
> instead are using  rsh. Students have not faced any problems in using
> mpich.
> Now I have installed the mpi version of MrBayes on one of the machines
> and then ran a program called sample.nex
> It gave me the following error
>
> p1_9962:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11
>
> I have not been able to find the reason and solution for that error.
> Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. A lot of our
> research work depends on getting this to work correctly.

The problem is in the reasembeling of the tree file. I've tried to fix
the bug, but without luck. I suspect it
has something to do with stalled data in NFS.
There is a new version at mrbayes.sf.net I haven't tried it yet but it
might fix the problem.

--
Mvh|Regards, Lars
System Administrator, Phone: 3532 1349, Room: 318

Bioinformatics Centre, University of Copenhagen,
Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen
DENMARK
--
Zachary D. Hyde     503-232-5492
zackhyde at gmail.com

"The odds against life evolving randomly were astronomical. But so is
the size of the universe."