[Bioclusters] Call for entries: Personal Supercomputer Contest

Salvatore Salamone salvatore_salamone at bio-itworld.com
Thu Jul 21 09:44:42 EDT 2005

As some of you know, Bio-IT World and Orion MultiSystems are running a personal supercomputing contest for life science applications and we are looking for entries.

We will pick one winning application from the entries and give the winner two weeks of run time on an Orion DS-96 (Orion's 96 node deskside cluster).

I will write up the results of the contest in a November article aimed to run in the issue that comes out at the time of the SC2005 conference.

The contest criteria and rules for entry can be found here:
<http://www.orionmulti.com/contest/lifescience>

The deadline for entry is August 1, 2005.

If anyone has questions about the contest or the entry process, please feel free to get in touch with me directly.

Thank you,

Salvatore Salamone
Senior IT Editor
Bio-IT World