[Bioclusters] The Bioclusters Archives (search)

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 12:12:54 EDT 2006

Hi, just a quick note to say the search function here;

http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/bioclusters/

isn't doing a very good job.

Try entering the term 'reiserfs' into that box, and compare the results
to the following alternative syntax of 'Google query';

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=reiserfs%20site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fbioinformatics.org%2Fpipermail%2Fbioclusters%2F

The latter turns up about 30 specific emails (in related threads), and
the former turns up nothing. I can see why this is the case, but not
everyone visiting the site will have the idea to try their own 'Google
query' in response to a negative search result. Can we fix this? Or add
a search box to the info page?

Cheers,
Dan.