[Bioclusters] Ruby Queue

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 10:24:13 EST 2006

Tim Cutts wrote:

> On 9 Feb 2006, at 10:27 pm, andy law (RI) wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> One of my post-docs dropped this URL into my inbox.
>>
>> http://interactive.linuxjournal.com/article/7922
>>
>> It's quite old, but I don't remember seeing it discussed here previously
>> and I can't find mention of it in the archives.
 >[...]

Hello, Andy/Tim.

In this context, what is it that you don't like about openMosix?

The Linux Journal article cited by Andy is entitled "Linux Clustering
with Ruby Queue: Small Is Beautiful - Using Ruby and SQLite to create
Linux clusters that take advantage of idle nodes and bypass expensive
software solutions"

In it, Ara T. Howard says:

"...I had evaluated several packages, such as openMosix and Sun's Grid
Engine, but ultimately had decided against them."

SGE and openMosix aren't 'expensive' software solutions, they're free!

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687