[Bioclusters] ideal load threshold for cluster nodes.

Jinal Jhaveri jajhaveri at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 14 16:31:03 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am using load_avg=2.0 as a load threshold for our SGE nodes. I avoid
using the np_load_avg (load per processor) as it is mis-interpreted on
intel machines with hyperthreading enabled. Can anyone (especialy in
Bioinformatics setting running jobs like blast,interpro) share their
experience on what load threshold works best for them?

Thank you!

--Jinal

ps. Apologies for cross posting but I realized that both SGE gurus and
Bio-cluster people might be able to answer this question.