[Bioclusters] ideal load threshold for cluster nodes.

Jinal Jhaveri jajhaveri at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 14 16:31:03 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I am using load_avg=2.0 as a load threshold for our SGE nodes. I avoid
using the np_load_avg (load per processor) as it is mis-interpreted on
intel machines with hyperthreading enabled. Can anyone (especialy in
Bioinformatics setting running jobs like blast,interpro) share their
experience on what load threshold works best for them?

Thank you!

ps. Apologies for cross posting but I realized that both SGE gurus and
Bio-cluster people might be able to answer this question.