[Bioclusters] N1 grid engine install problem

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Oct 11 14:13:46 EDT 2007

Hi Sandeep,

I'm guessing not many people on this list use SGE with windows
execution hosts. I've only done it myself while playing around with
virtualized OS's on a laptop and I had admin access to those systems.

Your best resource (besides the SGE MS-Windows documentation) may be
the Grid Engine users mailing list:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/maillist.html

The topic of SGE on Windows comes up pretty often, most recently in
this thread:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/BrowseList?
list=users&by=thread&from=23101

Anyway you'll likely find SGE/Windows people more active on that list
than here.

Another thought -- if you really are using N1 Grid Engine 6 instead
of the open source version then I think you can take advantage of a
current Sun promotion where they are offering 30 days of free support
for N1 Grid Engine to anyone who downloads it for a trial. That may
also be a good route for help.

Regards,
Chris