[Bioclusters] Re: new on using clusters: problem running mpiblast (2)

Zhiliang Hu hu at animalgenome.org
Sat Sep 8 10:51:20 EDT 2007

Hi Zhao - Thanks for providing more clues to solve my problem!

I have actually gone through all these steps to match up the right number
of formated sequence database segments, the number of processes to use,
having the excutables and sequence database on shared nsf file paths
mounted to all nodes, use the correct paths in ~/.ncbirc, and try out with
fewest but necessary options, and so on.

While the previous trials were using a mpiblast seemingly compiled
correctly, when I tried to make sure the compile/run are using the same
mpi sets, I tried to re-compile as

> export CC=/opt/openmpi.gcc/bin/mpicc
> export CPP=/opt/openmpi.gcc/bin/mpicxx
> ./configure --with-ncbi=/home/share/src/ncbi --prefix=/opt/local
   --with-mpi=/opt/openmpi.gcc

-- this time the compilation failed with errors:
http://www.animalgenome.org/~hu/share/tmp/config.log
http://www.animalgenome.org/~hu/share/tmp/config2.log

The trials were with OpenMPI-1.2.1 and 1.2.3 --are these version
compatibility problems?  Is there a known MPI version that worked with
MPIblast 1.4.0?

Zhiliang