[Bioclusters] Re: new on using clusters: problem running mpiblast (2)

Aaron Darling darling at cs.wisc.edu
Sat Sep 8 18:04:14 EDT 2007

Hi Zhiliang

For reasons that are beyond me, the version of autoconf that we used to
package mpiBLAST 1.4.0 does not approve of setting CC and/or CXX to
mpicc or mpicxx.  Doing so results in the autoconf error you have
observed.  For that reason we added the --with-mpi=/path/to/mpi
configure option.  It should be sufficient to use that option alone to
set the preferred compiler path.  If not, then it's a bug in the
mpiblast configure system.

with OpenMPI but I believe others have.  The 1.4.0 release was tested
against mpich1/2 and LAM.

Regards,
-Aaron