[Bioclusters] pipeline pilot vs. taverna?

Hershel Safer hsafer at alum.mit.edu
Wed Feb 18 10:00:39 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Without meaning to incite any flame wars, I would like to ask about the
relative advantages of Pipeline Pilot and Taverna.

To be more specific, I am joining a startup drug-discovery company, which
will use a combination of computational and wet-lab chemistry. The
computational chemists will use a lot of Accelrys tools, as well as software
from other vendors. We are looking for a tool to automate computational
workflows, and the leading candidates seem to be Pipeline Pilot and Taverna.

>From your experience, what are the strengths of the two tools? Does Pipeline
Pilot operate better with the Accelrys tools because they're from the same
company?

Thanks,
Hershel Safer