[Molvis-list] BioMolecular Explorer 3D available on CD (Modified by Frieda Reichsman)

Frieda Reichsman friedar at nsm.umass.edu
Mon Sep 5 16:24:54 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues:

We previously announced the debut of the BioMolecular Explorer 3D
(BME3D) web site,
http://www.umass.edu/molvis/bme3d/
which is a collection of interactive, biologically significant 3D
molecules relevant to a high school biology curriculum. The site
simplifies finding, preparing for, and using molecular visualization
resources at the high school level.

We have now made BME3D available on a CD. The folks at 3D Molecular
Designs have kindly consented to provide online ordering and
shipping/handling at cost. Thanks very much to Diane & Tim Herman and
Michael Patrick for this support.

The CD contains Chime and Netscape 4.8 installers (for Windows) along
with complete instructions for installation and viewing molecules in
Netscape 4, and also in Internet Explorer, Netscape 7.2, and
Firefox/Mozilla. Ten molecules are provided with links that open them
automatically in Protein Explorer. Some molecules (such as DNA) also
have guided tutorials.

To order, visit http://www.3dmoleculardesigns.com and click on "New
Products". Please pass this on to anyone you know teaching at the high
school level who might be interested in 3D molecules.

Best,

Frieda

Frieda Reichsman, PhD
Molecules in Motion