[Molvis-list] CHIME2Jmol

Craig T Martin ctmartin at chem.umass.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:38:32 EDT 2005

Folks,

For those of you trying to convert from CHIME to Jmol, I offer the
following modest resource:

     <http://www.chem.umass.edu/people/cmartin/Jmol/Development/
CHIME2Jmol.html>

It presents a simple form that takes HTML code containing CHIME
instructions and tries to convert them to equivalent Jmol
instructions (assumes the use of Jmol.js routines in your final
page). Paste your code into input, press "Convert" and then copy the
result from output.

This is by no means complete, but does a surprisingly good job for
the basics of buttons, links and toggles. Definition of the applet
window will still have to be done by hand.

If anyone wants to augment it's capabilities, feel free (but I'd love
to hear about it!)

Craig Martin
Dept of Chemistry
Univ of Massachusetts at Amherst