[Molvis-list] Molecular 3D Visualization Servers

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Sat Oct 21 22:15:43 EDT 2006

I have created a new category at the World Index of Molecular Visualization
Resources (http://molvisindex.org) for "Molecular 3D Visualization
Servers". This lists servers where you can use simple forms to create
beautiful views of any molecule for Powerpoint, websites, publication, etc.
using PyMol, RasMol, Jmol, etc. Create and download static or animated
views, or web pages with rotatable/zoomable views. Minimal technical
knowledge required!

Only a few servers are listed there so far. Please add more! Just click on
the link "Submit a new Molecular 3D Visualization Server".

I was inspired to create this new category after I tried the Polyview-3D
Server of Meller, Porollo and Adamczak, where you can create publication
quality views generated by PyMol in minutes (albeit without control over
orientation, and without showing ligands). These include both large static
views, and rotating multi-GIFs -- ready to paste into Powerpoint!

/* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
U Mass, Amherst -- http://www.umass.edu/molvis/martz

Biochem 3D Education Resources http://MolviZ.org
See 3D Molecules, Install Nothing! - http://firstglance.jmol.org
Protein Explorer - 3D Visualization: http://proteinexplorer.org
Workshops: http://workshops.proteinexplorer.org
World Index of Molecular Visualization Resources: http://molvisindex.org
ConSurf - Find Conserved Patches in Proteins: http://consurf.tau.ac.il
Atlas of Macromolecules: http://atlas.proteinexplorer.org
PDB Lite Macromolecule Finder: http://pdblite.org
Molecular Visualization EMail List (molvis-list):