[Molvis-list] The rasmol 'control interface' (virtual trackball / trackerball)

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:04:36 EDT 2008

2008/9/17 Herbert J. Bernstein <yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com>:
> RasMol went over to the trackball-style mouse interface a while ago,
> so I am not sure precisely what "old" mode is being referenced.
>
> That being said, it would not be hard to provide an alternate mode,
> given a spec.  What is the desired spec?

I think I installed a version at work 2 years ago and never needed to
upgrade. I subsequently moved to a new job (hence the re-install).

When I left click anywhere in the 'view window' (mouse button 1?) and
drag, movement in the x-axis should produce rotation in the x-axis.
Movement in the y-axis (click and drag) should produce rotation in the
y-axis. I like this system because its simple and I feel that it is
more 'precise' - although I could be just biased.