[Molvis-list] Repost: Program announcement and call for participants: ChemAxon's US UGM: September 14-15, Boston, MA

Alex Allardyce aa at chemaxon.hu
Fri Jul 16 10:59:05 EDT 2010

  My apologies, I must re-post this, there were errors in some links.

************

The program is now available for ChemAxon's 2010 US User Group Meeting
which will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday September 14-15 at the Omni
Parker House, Downtown Boston. The meeting will preceded by a end user &
developer training day on September 13th and followed by a Markush Forum
on the morning of September 16th.

Program: http://www.chemaxon.com/events/2010-us-ugm/#program

The meeting will feature presentations from ChemAxon users, introduce a
focus session on SharePoint, lightning presentations/exhibition from
ChemAxon Partners and the latest updates on product developments.

Preceding the meeting will be a dual track developer and end user
Training Day on May 18th. To see the topics and schedule visit:

     * Developer Training Day:
http://www.chemaxon.com/events/2010-us-ugm/#training--developer
     * End user: Application Focus Training Day:
http://www.chemaxon.com/events/2010-us-ugm/#training--application-focus

Following the UGM we have the first meeting of the Markush Forum, an
open morning for interested organizations (users and content developers)
to participate in the further development of ChemAxon's tools for
Markush structure enumeration and search. More information here:
http://www.chemaxon.com/events/2010-us-ugm/#markush-forum

To find out more about the meeting , register or submit a poster
abstract (open until September 6th) and view the program, please visit:
http://www.chemaxon.com/events/2010-us-ugm/. To review the archives of
previous meetings, including original presentations (slides and video)
and meeting reports from Yvonne Martin and Wendy Warr visit:
http://www.chemaxon.com/library/ugm-presentations/. Yvonne Martin's
meeting report from San Diego 2009 is here:
http://www.chemaxon.com/library/ugm-presentations/2009-us/#2

We hope you can join us for a very interesting event.

BR
Alex

Selected user presentations:

     * Evaluation of pKa Estimation Methods on 211 Druglike Compounds.
Joann Prescott Roy, AstraZeneca
     * A Robotic Chemistry System for the Discovery of Cancer-Specific
Targeting Ligands. John Frangioni, Harvard Medical School
     * Migrating Chemical Toolkits. Dan Durkin, Broad Institute
     * 2004-2010 - 6 years of using ChemAxon tools at Evotec. Ian Berry,
Evotec (UK) Ltd
     * Chemical-text hybrid search engines. Yingyao Zhou, GNF
     * Implementation of ChemAxon in a SOA environment, Brett Hiemenz,
GlaxoSmithKline
     * Helium: An EXCEL based User Tool for SAR analysis. Charles
Wilkins, GlaxoSmithKline
     * Using J Chem Base - in a  Db 2  environment & no chemical
cartridge. Stephen Boyer, IBM Research
     * logD comparison with in-house data. Yvonne Martin, Martin Associates
     * Structure-based approaches to the indexing and retrieval of
patent chemistry. Don Walter, Thomson Reuters
     * Fast flexible search in ZINC. John Irwin, University of
California San Francisco

ChemAxon Partners participants (tbc) - see partner listing here:
http://www.chemaxon.com/partners/integrators.html

*Alex Allardyce*
Marketing Dir.
*ChemAxon* *Ltd*.
Maramaros koz 3/A, Budapest, 1037, Hungary
Tel: +361 453 0435
skype: alex_allardyce