[Molvis-list] Pymol export to VRML and related formats

Angel Herráez angel.herraez at uah.es
Mon Jul 19 14:30:39 EDT 2010

Hi all

We are having a discussion in the Jmol-users list regarding the generation of PDF
documents with embedded 3D molecular models (just now available from Jmol + some
additional open source software, see ref.1).

For the sake of comparison --and documentation-- I would like to know what are the
capabilities of export from Pymol into any of these formats:
VRML1, VRML2, X3D, IDTF, U3D

Any replies from those of you that use Pymol will be appreciated. From a web search, I could
only found VRML2 as an option.

Thanks,
Angel

[1. http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/File_formats/3D_PDF ]