[Pipet Users] Command Compilation in Piper: A Discourse

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at locusdialogue.com
Tue Feb 13 16:06:40 EST 2001

> Jean-Marc, keeping track of the many *POSSIBLE* node types is indeed
> difficult, using the current system.  That is obvious by just looking at the
> size of the pop-up menu! :-)  However, we should keep in mind that part of
> the Piper project is to make nodes and networks easily accessible from
> anywhere in the world.

Read the note I just sent about data types vs Node types...

Now about the popup menu, I know we'll need to find something else. But,
remember that one way or another, you'll need to find a way to access
any node you want. The way it's implemented now (which only works for
local nodes) is to define a PATH for that list the toolboxes you want to
see (the others don't appear in the pop-up menu).

	Jean-Marc