Primer3 Build Page
From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
Primer3-2.3.4 available in src
Documentation available in doc
Unlike to the expalnations in the documentation, this version of Primer3 is currently available only as source code, so you need to compile it yourself to produce executables.
Procedure for compiling the source:
1) Unzip the archive and create the 'primer3-2.3.4' folder
2) Open mingw shell
3) Go to 'primer3-2.3.4/src' folder
4) Open the existing Makefile to Edit. To make no dll-dependency executives:
- set LIBOPTS to -static
- check to be sure that ' $(LIBOPTS) $(LDLIBS) ' exists at the end of all five lines related to target executives. For example:
$(NTTHAL_EXE): thal_main.o thal.o
$(CPP) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ thal_main.o thal.o $(LIBOPTS) $(LDLIBS)
5) Run: make -f Makefile
6) Now you have the desired executives (5 files) in the 'src' folder. You may want to copy them to the folder of your choice.