From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
Virtual posters are fully pre-recorded presentations in a virtual conference. Here's an example.
Bioinformatics.Org uses and recommends TechSmith Camtasia Studio (free 30-day trial). Instructions for using the Screen Recorder application are available on the TechSmith website.
The following settings will help ensure that your video doesn't become several gigabytes in length:
- Set the file options to "Save as AVI" (Tools->Options->Capture Tab).
- Set the "screen capture frame rate" to 3 frames per second (Tools->Options->Video Tab).
- Set the audio format to one with a compression codec such as MP3 (Tools->Options->Audio Tab). The audio quality should be less than optimal, since you're not recording music.
- Change the screen resolution on your computer desktop to 1024x768 for a 4:3 aspect ratio screen. If you're using a wider aspect ratio, make sure that the horizontal resolution is no more than 1024 pixels.
- Use "capture entire screen".
If you do not "save as AVI" when recording, you'll need to open the recorded video in the Camtasia Studio application and "produce" (export) the video as AVI. Please see the Camtasia instructions on the TechSmith website.