[BiO BB] Re: BIO_Bulletin_Board digest, Vol 1 #10 - 2 msgs

kiran challapalli bioinformaticsckk at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 21 07:37:15 EST 2001

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me wether there are any
Bioinformatics programs (online and downloadable)
which are compatable for running parallely on linux
cluster. For example are there any parallel clustalw
or parallel blast available?
If available, please mention the site address.
with regards,

Kiran Kumar.c
Scientist,
DSQ Biotech,
India

http://www.premierbiosoft.com/netprimer/netprlaunch/netprlaunch.html

> which will test two primers against themselves and
> each other for
> hairpins, repeats, dimer formation, etc, etc.
> However, I don't think you
> can check for where along a sequence your primers
> might bind  using this
> site. (If you do use a Mac, you probably won't be
> able to use this site
> unfortunately.)
>

> Other than that I'll just give you a couple of sites
> that list various
> primer programs that are out there (which I
> personally find useful
> references)
>
> 1) The primer list at the HGMP:
>
> http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/GenomeWeb/nuc-primer.html
>

> 2) There are reviews of various primer packages,
> (some free and some not)
> here:
>
> http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/molbiol/reviews.html
>

> good luck.
>

> Bela

> Dr. Bela Tiwari                Bioinformatics
> Officer
> OU Bioinformatics Centre
> South Parks Road,                  01865 (2)75507
> Oxford  OX1 3RE
> http://www.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/access/CoverStories/phylogeny/