[BiO BB] how to access database remotely

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Wed Dec 31 12:24:40 EST 2003

Regarding GenBank:
Entrez Programming Utilities are tools that provide access to Entrez
data outside of the regular web query interface and may be helpful for
retrieving search results for future use in another environment

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/eutils_help.html

Access restrictions -- for bandwidth, not for intellectual property
reasons -- are listed there.

Expasy documentation is here:

http://us.expasy.org/doc.html

--