[BiO BB] Restriction sites frequencies in mouse genome

Benoit VARVENNE varvenne at genoway.com
Mon Aug 28 08:59:18 EDT 2006

Hello Gary,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
I've got Perl programming capabilities and i'm already used to Bioperl
package but the aim is to perform operations using already existing
softwares which allow me calculate frequencies (so number of hits...)
without any additive programming and using web tools (software+genome).
The problem encountered is that all softwares i've already found (including
LaserGene i think) seem to be useful for finding restriction sites in
sequences given in parameter (so not in a whole genome).

If i found such a solution i'm going to post it here if someone's
interested.

Thanks again for your very quick answer,
Best regards,

Benoît Varvenne
Bioinformatics pearson in charge,
Genoway Lyon - France