[BiO BB] flybase IDs to gene bank accession nos

Rami Reddy.V reddy_vram at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 04:14:11 EST 2006

Thanks to Ann and Chen for reply.
Infact FlyBase itself is providing the batch reports, i came to know this lately. I was able to get Genebank accessions from FlyBase (http://flybase.net/cgi-bin/fbidbatch.html).
Now i have one more question, i want to search for annotations using these IDs agianst DAVID (http://david.abcc.ncifcrf.gov/). I got all the accession numbers corresponding to my FlyBase gene IDs, do i have to check all these accessions numbers against DAVID or only accession number per one gene is enough, i am not sure does it make any sense.

I used GOToolBox (http://139.124.62.227/GOToolBox/index.php?page=dataset) for annotations as it will accept FlyBase IDs but i want to check DAVID also for the same.

Thanks alot for your time

Ann Loraine <aloraine at gmail.com> wrote: Hello,

Maybe this will help...

Does FlyBase provide sequence data?

If you can get a mapping of FlyBase ids onto mRNA sequences, then you
can use blast to search against a database of RefSeq fruit fly mRNA
sequences.

Then it should be relatively easy to get Entrez gene ids from the
perfect-match RefSeq ids identified in the blast search.

-Ann