[Bioclusters] what motherboards are people using for dual Athlon boxes?

Joseph Landman bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
05 Mar 2003 18:53:47 -0500

There are several, though they lack some of the Tyan "features"

http://networking.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Products_ServerBoard_Spec.asp?ProductID=83
http://www.iwillusa.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?vID=19
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=K7D_Master_L

The gigabyte looks good.  I am building a test unit with it.

BTW:  on a single CPU machine, the Asus nForce2 gives a nice dual
channel to ram.  Without working at it, streams is reporting in the mid
1.1GB/s for triad.  BLAST is latency bound, but having lots of memory
bandwidth is great for the chemistry codes.  The MPX760 based chipsets
have hit 600-700 MB/s.  The KT266a have hit about 800-900 MB/s.

Not exactly a server MB, but interesting in its own right.

--
Joseph Landman <landman@scalableinformatics.com>